An alpha amylase enzyme used for de-sizing of fabrics sized with starch and starch derivatives. AVCO-ZIM 120 degrades the starch chains into water-soluble products that can be eliminated from the fabric by washing-off
Properties & uses:
- A bacterial alpha-amylase with a high enzymatic activity.
- Optimum activity is in the temperature range of 30-55°C and pH range of 5-8.
- At lower temperatures longer treatment time is needed.
- The strong amylolytic action allows rapid conversion of the starch size into dextrin, which is easily removed by hot washing-off process.
- Suitable for high liquor ratio batch machines such as jet, jiggers and rotary washing machines, and for the semi-continuous pad batch methods.
- Can be used together with slightly acidic complexing agents to obtain one step demineralization and desizing process.
- An excellent desizing enzyme for removing starch from denim garments before the “Stone-washing” process