An alpha amylase enzyme used for de-sizing of fabrics sized with starch and starch derivatives at medium temperature (60-70ºC) and pH range of 5-7.
Properties & uses:
Bacterial alpha-amylase with an high enzymatic activity
- Optimum activity is in the temperature range of 40-85ºC and pH range of 5-10. In lower temperatures longer treatment time is needed
- The strong amylolytic action of the product allows rapid conversion of the starch size into dextrins, which are easily removed by hot washing-off process
- Suitable for high liquor ratio batch machines such as jet, jiggers and rotary washing machines, and for the semi-continuous pad batch methods
- Can be used together with slightly acidic complexing agents to obtain one step demineralization and desizing process
- Excellent desizing enzyme for removing starch from denim garments before the “Stone-washing” process